Best Dog Barking Control Devices
Control Excessive Dog Barking Now!
Dogs are known to be man’s best friend, but sometimes their barking can become a nuisance, especially if it’s excessive or unnecessary. Now, let an anti-barking control device come to your rescue. Fortunately, there are various dog barking control devices available that can help to reduce or eliminate excessive barking.
Dog barking is a natural behavior, but excessive barking can be a nuisance to neighbors, and sometimes even to the owner themselves. To control barking, there are various types of devices available in the market that range from ultrasonic bark deterrents, citronella collars, vibration collars, shock collars, and more.
In this article, we’ll discuss the top dog barking control devices and their features to help you choose the best one for your furry friend.
Top Anti-Barking Devices
Below are some of the most popular types of anti-barking devices that will help eliminate excessive dog barking. Review all of the options below and choose the one, if any, is best for your dog.
- Anti-Bark Collars. Anti-bark collars are one of the most popular dog barking control devices. These collars use sound, vibration, or static shock to discourage excessive barking. The collars are fitted around the dog’s neck and are activated when the dog barks. There are two main types of anti-bark collars: sound and shock collars. Sound collars emit a high-pitched noise when the dog barks, while shock collars deliver a mild electric shock. Shock collars are more controversial, and many people believe they are inhumane, but they are still widely used.
- Vibration Collars. Vibration collars are also popular devices used to control barking. These collars have a built-in vibration unit that triggers every time the dog barks. The vibration is not harmful, but it is enough to interrupt the barking behavior. These collars are suitable for dogs that are sensitive to sounds or those that are deaf.
- Ultrasonic Devices. Ultrasonic bark deterrents are among the most popular bark control devices on the market. These devices emit a high-frequency sound that is inaudible to humans but can be heard by dogs. These devices are usually placed in the dog’s environment, and when the dog barks, the device emits a sound that is unpleasant to the dog, discouraging further barking. Ultrasonic devices are safe, humane, and effective, but they may not work on all dogs. Most ultrasonic devices can cover a range of up to 50 feet and are suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Shock Collars. Shock collars are controversial devices, and their use is a subject of debate among animal welfare groups. These collars work by delivering a mild electric shock every time the dog barks excessively. Although shock collars are effective in stopping barking, they can cause pain, discomfort, and even injury to the dog. As such, it is advisable to use them only as a last resort.
- Citronella Collars. Citronella collars are another type of dog barking control device. These collars spray a small amount of citronella, a natural essential oil, when the dog barks. The scent is unpleasant to the dog and discourages further barking. Citronella collars are safe and effective, but they may not work on all dogs. Additionally, they require regular refilling of the citronella spray.
- Automatic Anti-Bark Devices. Automatic anti-bark devices are designed to be placed in a dog’s environment and activated when the dog barks. These devices emit a sound, vibration, or spray that is unpleasant to the dog and discourages further barking. Automatic anti-bark devices are safe, effective, and easy to use, but they may not work on all dogs.
- Training Collars. Training collars are designed to be used as a training tool to teach the dog not to bark excessively. These collars use a remote control that allows the owner to deliver a sound, vibration, or static shock to the dog when it barks excessively. Training collars are safe and effective, but they require proper training to be effective. They should only be used under the guidance of a professional dog trainer.
- Static Bark Control Mats. Static bark control mats are designed to discourage dogs from jumping on furniture or barking excessively. These mats emit a static shock when the dog steps on them or barks excessively. The shock is harmless, but unpleasant, and discourages further behavior. Static bark control mats are safe and effective, but they may not work on all dogs.
- Sonic Birdhouse. Sonic birdhouses are designed to look like a birdhouse but emit a high-frequency sound that is unpleasant to dogs when they bark excessively. Sonic birdhouses are safe and effective, but they require regular battery replacement and may not work on all dogs.
- BarxBuddy. BarxBuddy is a handheld device that emits a high-pitched sound that is unpleasant to dogs when they bark excessively. The device also has a built-in LED light that can be used to distract the dog. BarxBuddy is safe, effective, and easy to use, but it may not work on all dogs.
- PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control. PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control is designed to be placed in an outdoor environment and emit an ultrasonic sound when the dog barks excessively. The device is weatherproof and easy to install. PetSafe Outdoor Bark Control is safe, effective, and can be used to control barking in outdoor environments.
- Pet Corrector. Pet Corrector is a handheld device that emits a loud hissing sound when the dog behaves inappropriately, such as barking excessively or jumping on furniture. The sound is unpleasant to dogs and is designed to discourage further behavior. The Pet Corrector is safe and effective, but it should only be used under the guidance of a professional dog trainer.
Choosing The Right Device
When choosing a dog barking control device, it is essential to consider the features and effectiveness of the device. Some devices are designed for indoor use, while others are suitable for outdoor use. Additionally, some devices can be used on all sizes of dogs, while others are only suitable for small or large dogs.
It is also important to consider the device’s power source, whether it uses batteries or mains power. Battery-operated devices are portable and convenient to use, but you have to keep replacing the batteries. On the other hand, mains-powered devices are more reliable but are less portable.
When choosing a dog barking control device, it’s important to consider the type of barking your dog is exhibiting. If your dog is barking excessively due to anxiety or fear, a sound or vibration collar may be the best option. If your dog is barking at specific stimuli, such as other dogs or people, a citronella collar or ultrasonic device may be more effective. Additionally, it’s important to choose a device that is safe and humane for your dog.
Check out our article on types of dog barking where you will learn the different types of barking your dog exhibits.
In conclusion, there are various types of dog barking control devices available on the market, each with its unique features and effectiveness. Before purchasing a device, it is important to consider your dog’s size, sensitivity, and behavior to determine which type of device is best suited for your needs.
Not all devices will work with some dogs. It will be up to pet owners to determine which one or ones will work best.
We mentioned all of them so that you can get the full scope of how each one works.
The dog barking is a natural occurrence in all dogs. However, you can control his excessive barking by using an anti-barking control device.
With so many options available, you should have no trouble in finding the one that works best for your dog.
Shop Anti-Barking Control Devices
You can shop for the anti-barking control devices below. Select the image of the device you are interested in. You will be taken to Amazon to place the order. You also can read the customer reviews and answered questions before purchasing.
As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualified purchases.
Go back to the Dog Luxury Beds home page.